Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Whitewater Adventure!!

Last week, the FFA went on a 2 day whitewater rafting trip on the Lower Klamath River in CA. On Wed. there were still several spots open, so I went as a chaperone, and Nathan and Colton were also able to go. It was SO much fun to do that with the some of my kids....
This was the first day before we got on the river....


On The second day I had a little bit of a scare, when I fell out of the back of the raft, we were high centered on a rock, therefore I ended up behind the rock stuck in an eddie.... one of the other guides had a digital camera that could take video.... I fell out as soon as you see the boat on the rock, and you can see my head come up FINALLY for a quick breath right at the end after every one else falls out...... I went back under, then came up further down past that huge rock....It was pretty scary, I thought I was going to drown.... Here's the clip....


After that wonderful experience.... we stopped for lunch and hiked up a 3/4 mile stream to Ukonom Falls.... Its was SO beatiful, the water was probably only 50 degrees, and we had to swim upstream a little, but it was well worth it and the picture really doesn't do it justice.....




I would have to say all in all, it was an amazing trip with 3 of my kids.... It doesn't get any better than that for me!!!
And I came home with a renewed sense of appreciation for all of the things that I have in my life.... especially Rex and the kids!

1 comment:

denise and rance said...

cool pictures - looks like it was a great experience - we love rafting!
\