Tuesday, July 21, 2009




Yesterday was Colton's Birthday... he turned 14, I spent part of the day reflecting on how fast the time has gone... we moved to Oregon when he was two weeks old. My dad had come to California the week I had him, he did a ton of packing for me. I remember him bringing the 4 older kids to the hospital to see Colton, they were all so excited to have a baby brother. Looking back, I think I must have been crazy out of my mind. But I also know that my children are such a joy to me, I can't imagine not having any of them in my life.
Colton loves to be playing basketball, I think he would play all day every day if he could. He like to be outside and active, playing ball, riding his bike, swimming, he loves it all.
His very best friend Josh, he loves Josh and looks up to him so much. He wants to be like Josh, thats a good thing, because Josh is an amazing young man.
Colton is a good friend to kids at school, everyone like him.. and as he reminds me often, especially the girls!
I'm so excited to watch him play High School Sports this year. He will be a freshman, that just seems SO weird.... but it's here. And I'm sure he is going to tear up the football field and dominate on the basketball court.
I'm very blessed to have such wonderful kids! And yesterday I felt extra blessed as I remembered having Colton and all of the Joy he has brought into my life to this point.

No comments: